Here’s a reference to the IIS 6 documentation pages at the Microsoft TechNet site.
Some of the pages keep getting updated, check the revision summary for an overview of the changes.
* IIS 6.0 Content Revision Summary: Describes the changes made to the IIS 6.0 documentation since Windows Server 2003 was released in April 2003, as well as changes made for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
* IIS 6.0 Deployment Guide: Provides prescriptive, task-based, and scenario-based guidance to help you design and deploy an IIS 6.0 solution that meets the specific needs of your organization.
* IIS 6.0 Operations Guide: Provides documentation about getting started with IIS 6.0, common administrative tasks, Web site setup, server administration, security, performance tuning, logging, error messages, troubleshooting, metabase and registry references, and Web application development.
* IIS 6.0 Technical Reference: Provides an in-depth description of the new IIS 6.0 architecture, as well as reference information about IIS 6.0 features and services. It also includes practical information and tools to help you accomplish everyday administrative tasks.
* Metabase Property Reference (IIS 6.0): This section contains reference pages for each of the Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 metabase properties. Most of these properties can be changed using IIS Manager. You can also use the methods of the IIS Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider or the IIS Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) provider in command-line scripts to change these properties.