Last week Microsoft released the Community Technology Preview 2 (CTP2) of the new PowerShell Provider for IIS 7.0, it’s now available for download from the IIS.net website.
New features in CTP2:
- IIS7 Powershell provider now supports SSL (installing and acquiring a certificate, creating an ssl site binding)
- Tech Preview 2 ships with 40 new cmdlets. All of these cmdlets are for day-to-day IIS tasks like creating web-sites, web-applications, enabled request tracing, adding a handler or a module.
PowerShell Provider features:
- Create Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Change Simple Configuration Properties on Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications and Virtual Directories
- Add and Change Complex Configuration Settings
- Query Run-time Data (Web-Site State, Application Pool State, Currently Executing Requests)
- Execute Advanced Configuration Tasks, Scripting, Integration with other PowerShell Snap-Ins and features
- Search and Discover Configuration Settings
- x86: http://iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1664
- x64: http://iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1665
Read more at Thomas Deml’s blog.