At the 2009 MIX conference in Las Vegas, the Microsoft IIS team announced the release of 10 new extensions and launched a new end-to-end experience for discovering and installing community applications on IIS.
This wave of IIS extensions span new functionality in request processing, server management, site/app management and discovery of community applications.
You can check out each extension or get the Web Platform Installer to install all of them.
- Application Request Router (ARR) 2.0 beta, with disk cache and cache proxy support for edge configurations the IIS HTTP load balancer. ARR can be used as a complement to existing hardware load balancers, or as a standalone proxy.
- FTP 7.5 RTW, with extensibility support for developers who want to customize this IIS7 FTP publishing service.
- WebDav 7.5 RTW, with support for both shared and exclusive locks to prevent lost updates due to overwrites.
- Advanced Logging beta for monitoring and measuring media and Web browsing experiences, rich and flexible data collection, client-side logging and real-time logging capabilities.
- Administration Pack for IIS7 RTW, with IIS Manager support for management of FastCGI, Request Filtering, ASP.NET authorization and custom error settings, and HTTP request filtering, and Configuration Editor for easier config management.
- IIS Snap-in for Windows PowerShell RTW, for management of the IIS configuration system through Windows PowerShell, along with 60 cmdlets for common management tasks in Powershell.
- Web Deployment Tool RC, which is a platform for Web deployment of IIS servers and applications that run on servers. This extension provides a foundation for administrators who want to synchronize and migrate Web servers in a web farm. Developers use Web Deployment Tool to deploy applications to a server or integrate with the new Windows Web Application Gallery.
- Database Manager RC, providing Web database management support for local and remote databases from within IIS Manager.
- Media Services 3.0 beta, which introduces the world to live streaming on IIS with multiple extensions, including Smooth Streaming and Advanced Logging. Our media extensions bring high quality media delivery to IIS customers as well as CDNs like Akamai.
- Web Platform Installer 2.0 beta, which installs community applications and its dependencies on Windows computers. See Introducing the Web Platform Installer for more details.