The IIS Team has released a new version on the URL Rewrite Module, ver. 2.0 is now released as Release Candidate and available for download.
Microsoft URL Rewrite Module 2.0 for IIS 7 is an incremental release that includes all the features from version 1.1, and adds support for outbound response headers and content rewriting. More specifically, it can be used to:
- Replace the URLs generated by a web application in the response HTML with a more user friendly and search engine friendly equivalent
- Modify the links in the HTML markup generated by a web application behind a reverse proxy.
- Fix up the content of any HTTP response by using regular expression pattern matching.
- Modify HTTP request headers and IIS server variables.
- Modify HTTP response headers
The URL Rewrite Module is a free module from Microsoft and is supported with IIS 7 and IIS 7.5.
Read more at IIS.net.