Yesterday Microsoft Released the latest set of updates for Exchange Server, as part of the quarterly update schedule for Exchange Server. This time we got updates for:
- Exchange Server 2016 (Cumulative Update 5)
- Exchange Server 2013 (Cumulative Update 16)
- Exchange Server 2010 (Update Rollup 17 for SP3)
- Exchange Server 2007 (Update Rollup 23 for SP3)
This will be the last update released for Exchange Server 2007, since it reached End Of Life support April 11 2017, see this post from last year.
These releases include fixes to customer reported issues and updated functionality.
Get them here:
KB articles that describe the fixes in each release are available as follows:
- Exchange Server 2016 Cumulative Update 5 (KB4012106), Download, UM Lang Packs
- Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 16 (KB4012112), Download, UM Lang Packs
- Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 Update Rollup 17 (KB4011326), Download
- Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 Update Rollup 23 (KB4011325), Download
If you are running an Exchange Hybrid scenario with Office 365, it is recommended to keep your on-premise Hybrid up to date to the latest version.
When upgrading DAG members please remember to disable all the Exchange server components – fellow Exchange MVP, has explained it well in one of his blog post about deploying Exchange 2013 CU9.
Hint for servers without Internet access and wanting to speed up the update process, you can follow the procedure described here to disable publisher’s certificate revocation checking.
If you are unsure what version or build, you Exchange environment is running, I can recommend the Exchange Environment Report script by Steve Goodman.