Exchange 2010 SP2 has finally been made available as download by the Exchange Team, this download is long awaited by many, because of the many new cool features, such as:
- Outlook Web App (OWA) Mini
- Cross-Site Silent Redirection
- Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Address Book Policies
- Read more about the new SP2 features in one of my older blog posts: .
- The SP2 sets new pre-requirements to Windows, to install and upgrade from SP1. It requires an additional Windows role, which was not part of the SP1 pre-requirements. Which is:IIS 6 WMI Compatibility” not being installed. Which is:
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
- To install this before starting the SP2 install/upgrade, start a PowerShell and run:
- Import-Module ServerManager
- Add-WindowsFeature Web-WMI
This Windows role is required for Mailbox and CAS roles.
UPDATED: Exchange Team Blog: Released: Exchange Server 2010 SP2.
Download the Exchange 2010 SP2 here.