Good news – Finally we see the release of one of the long awaited service packs for Exchange 2010, this service pack is required for Exchange 2013 co-existence with your Exchange 2010 environment.
Along with the release, new updates for Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 has also been made available:
- Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
- More about these two updated from the
The details about Exchange 2010 SP3:
- The Exchange 2010 Service Pack 3 adds support to the Exchange 2010 environment for co-existence with Exchange 2013. But we still need the CU1 update for Exchange 2013, which is also a requirement for co-existence with Exchange 2007 or 2010 environment. The Exchange 2013 CU1 is currently schedule for release in Q1 2013.
- More about CU1 and the new Exchange Servicing Model on the
NOTE: Exchange 2010 SP3 allows Exchange 2010 servers to coexist with Exchange 2013 CU1, which is also scheduled to be released in Q1 2013. Customers can test and validate this update in a representative lab environment prior to rolling out in their production environments as an important coexistence preparatory step before introducing Exchange Server 2013 CU1.
Service Pack 3 is a fully slipstreamed version of Exchange 2010. The following new features and capabilities are included within SP3:
- Coexistence with Exchange 2013
- Sent Items Management feature (a new feature!)
- Support for Windows Server 2012
- Support for Internet Explorer 10
- Customer Requested Fixes
To read more about what’s new in 2010 SP3 see this TechNet article: What’s New in Exchange 2010 SP3 and from the KB2808208 – Description of Exchange Server 2010 SP3, along with the posted information on the Exchange Team Blog.
Here are a listing of fellow Exchange MVPs and bloggers on the topic.
- Jason Sherry – Exchange 2010 SP3 is out! (Also 2007 SP3 UR10)
- Tony Redmond – Exchange 2010 SP3 is released – almost ready for Exchange 2013 deployments
- Paul Robichaux – Exchange 2010 SP3 released
- Steve Goodman – Exchange 2010 Service Pack 3 and Exchange 2007 SP3 UR10 released with Exchange 2013 Co-existence support