KEMP Technologies has just launched www.FreeLoadBalancer.com, where you are able to download a free version of their popular KEMP LoadMaster. The free version is available for unlimited use and is perfect for certain scenarios, although it got some limitations (particular around throughput and SSL/TLS TPS) compared to their commercials products.
The Free LoadMaster Includes:
- Layer 4/7 load balancing
- Content switching
- Caching, compression engine
- MS Exchange 2010/2013 optimized
- Pre-configured virtual service templates
- IPS engine
- High Availability
- Edge Security Pack (ESP) – a Microsoft TMG replacement
- GSLB multi-site load balancing
- RESTful API
Basically the same set of features as the commercial LoadMasters, but with a few limitations. Read more at the www.FreeLoadBalancer.com website.
Some areas which might be potential Use Cases fir the new Free LoadMaster, could be:
- Development, Test and Pre-Production Environments
- Replacement of Open Source Load Balancers
- HA and DR for Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) Validation
- Windows Network Load Balancing (WNLB) replacement
- As one of the most well-established load balancer/ADC vendors on the market, KEMP is able to offer the same load balancing technology that is currently installed in over 25,000 locations worldwide.
It is an ideal Load Balancer for testing environments and smaller environments, especially since this has a load more features and is a Layer 7 Load Balancer compare to Windows Network Load Balancing.
No support is included, only from the Community – but then again, that would be expected at that cost.
Read more and download it from: www.FreeLoadBalancer.com